I Want to Become a CA – Which Stream Should I Opt for After My 10th
CA or Chartered Accountancy is considered as one of the most highest paying jobs. If you are interested in accountancy and taxation, CA is the most suitable profession for you. We are sure you must be thinking – I Want to Become a CA – Which Stream Should I Opt for After My 10th? Nothing to worry about; here, we will explain the Best Stream to Become a CA after the 10th.
Before moving to that, let us understand what exactly chartered accountancy is?
If you want to become a CA, you should your relevant studies after the 10th. A Chartered accountant is a professional who has acquired the necessary certification from the authorized body. This means he/she has got good knowledge and is well qualified in accounting and business taxation matters.
The chartered accountant file tax returns, main balance sheets, keep/maintain records of investment, audit financial statements and business enterprises, prepare and review financial documentation and everything related with accounting and taxation.
How to Become a CA
To become a CA, the students must qualify for the three levels of training designed by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India – ICAI. The ICAI regulates and maintains the profession of CA in the country. And the complete CA course is completed in around five years.
The CA aspirants need to qualify for all the three exams given below, then only they will be considered the authenticated CA:
- Common Proficiency Test – CPT
- Integrated Professional Competence Course – IPCC
- Final Course – FC
Stream After 10th to Become a CA
The students must go through the CA eligibility criteria and review all the requirements presented by ICAI to become a CA. Below we have described how you will move closer to pursue a career as a CA professional and stream to select to become CA:
- To become CA, you can select any stream after class 10th like – Science, Arts, Commerce.
- The students become eligible to register for the CPT exam after class 10th, but they can appear in the exam only after class 12th.
- The commerce stream students need to acquire 50% aggregate marks in class 12 to become eligible for CPT.
- The students of other streams need to acquire 55% of aggregate marks, excluding mathematics and 60% including mathematics in class 12.
- Once the student clears the CPT exam, he/she become a member of ICAI. The body which conducts exam and course for chartered accountancy all over India.
The Final Few Words
To be CA, you need to follow several steps and clear various stages. You need to prepare for CA exams and other subjects related to them as early as possible. CA exams are some of the few toughest exams in the country, and the passing rate is very low. Every stage is very crucial and important to pursue a career as a CA professional. With mere determination and some serious studies will surely lead you to become a CA.